The peninsula community of Belmont is located roughly halfway between San Jose and San Francisco, making it ideal for those who want to live within commuting distance of these major employment hubs.
But this scenic community has more than just location going for it – its robust economy makes it a great place for those who want to start a business or support local enterprises.
Belmont’s growth has been largely informed by strong community values. Its economic development program is guided by three principles:
- Recruitment – The city is proactive about attracting new businesses, developers, and opportunities to the area.
- Revitalization – The city makes use of new and existing tools to give the economy a boost.
- Retention – The city ensures that local businesses continue to thrive.
At the heart of Belmont’s economy lies the town center. The downtown area offers a fine selection of shops, so that residents always patronize local businesses first when shopping or dining.
Taqueria El Metate is among the city’s best-loved eateries, while St. James Gate is one of the most popular hangouts.
El Camino Real, the city’s most popular commercial strip, offers exciting retail and restaurant options. Established businesses include Iberia Restaurant and Sumac Mediterranean Grill. A number of financial and legal offices can also be found in the area.
Carlmont Village Shopping Center is one of the city’s best known malls, with over 45 storefronts and restaurants. Major retailers like Lunardi’s and Ace Hardware can be found within the premises – shop for groceries and other things you might need around the house.
Seasonal events take place here throughout the year. Take the kids to see Santa and take advantage of weekday specials at various stores.
Belmont CA real estate
The market consists mainly of single-family homes and condos. Vacant land is also available. Notable neighborhoods include:
- Homeview – Sterling Downs
- Antique Forest
- Belmont Woods
With a population of just a little over 25,000, Belmont is among the safest cities in the United States, with a lower incident of violent and property crime than the national average.
It’s also known as one of the most affluent cities in California, counting the state’s most accomplished individuals among its residents. Job growth has been positive, and the unemployment rate is lower than the US average.
Its superb location about halfway between San Francisco and San Jose makes Belmont an excellent choice for professionals and growing families.
The city is served by the Belmont-Redwood Shores School District. It boasts two California Distinguished Schools, namely Ralston Middle School and Carlmont High School.
If you think Belmont should be your new home, Richard Sarro would be happy to assist you. Call him at 415-680-5042 for more information.
Belmont CA attractions
- Twin Pines Park – Spend a quiet afternoon in this green space. Go for a walk, have a picnic, or just sit and enjoy the peaceful environment.
- Waterdog Lake Park – Explore the scenic trails in this dog-friendly park, two of which lead to the lake. Go hiking or jogging and enjoy the weather.
- Filoli Estate and Gardens – This historic estate is recalls the charm and beauty of the English countryside. Wander around the exquisite gardens and take a moment to admire the impeccably maintained mansion.
- San Mateo Fairgrounds and Expo – Take the kids to the expo and enjoy the rides and live entertainment.