Located about halfway between San Francisco and San Jose, Foster City is among the safest cities in the Golden State, based on FBI crime statistics. Enjoy peace of mind knowing that your loved ones are safe.
SafeWise gave it the 6th spot in its 2017 List of Top 100 Safest Cities in California, with Rancho Imperial and Santa Margarita taking the top two spots.
The top 50 cities in the rankings boast an exceptionally low occurrence of violent and property crimes. According to FBI crime reports from 2015, these cities reported roughly 13 crimes for every 1,000 people – much lower than the national average of about 29 crimes for every 1,000 people.
Niche.com also gave the city a grade of “B” for crime and safety, citing low violent and property crime rates. According to the site, there were only three reports of robbery, as compared to the national average of 133.
The website calculates the crime rate annually per 100,000 residents.
Foster City has an overall Niche.com grade of “A+”, making it one of the most impressive cities listed on the site.
The community also has other things going for it, such as ethnic diversity and good schools.
Residents who have posted reviews on the site mention the peaceful environment and a responsive police department as some of the reasons why they continue to live in the city.
This is good news for buyers looking for a place to raise families, as well as those who simply want to live in a city where crime and safety is not a major concern.
Foster City real estate
The housing market consists mainly of single-family homes and condos. Buyers have a good selection of new construction homes to choose from.
San Mateo County’s 2017-18 Property Assessment Roll, which indicates the total value of all SMC properties, broke the $200 billion barrier this year. It shows an increase of 7.9% or $15 billion year-over-year.
The city’s superb location brings residents within commuting distance of both San Francisco and San Jose, making it ideal for those who work in the tech and business sector.
Major employers near the city include Starship Technologies, UBS Financial Services, Stanford Health Care, Redis Labs, AppleOne, Wholefoods Market, and Abercrombie & Fitch.
For questions about Foster City real estate, get in touch with Richard Sarro at 415-680-5042.
Foster City attractions
- Leo Ryan Park – Here you’ll find a beautiful lagoon that offers boating, paddle boarding, and windsurfing activities. You can also go on a picnic or a leisurely walk and admire the water’s surface.
- Central Lake – Go for a stroll or a jog along the scenic boardwalk. Take your pet for a walk at the dog park located within the premises.
- San Francisco Bay Trail – Explore a segment of the SF Bay Trail at Foster City. Go hiking, skating, or biking and enjoy the views.
- Sea Cloud Park – The park features six baseball diamonds. Drop by and catch Little League teams in action.
- Foster City Recreation Center –The recreation center offers various fitness classes and activities for seniors. There’s also a skateboard park within the premises, so bring a board and have a go at the ramps.
- Hillbarn Theater – Watch plays and musicals at the local theater, which features some of Foster City’s finest homegrown talents.