Located opposite of the coast, Contra Costa County is an inland Bay Area county that sits about 40 miles east of San Francisco and about 80 miles southwest of Sacramento.
Contra Costa County is best known for its charming cities and historic small towns. Many of which feature vibrant downtown areas lined with great restaurants, boutique shops, and other attractions.
The lifestyle here might be a little more laid-back, but that’s just the way its residents like it.
The county’s relatively low cost of living compared to other Bay Area counties plays a big role in why people choose to move here. Home to top rated public and private schools, it’s a sought after location for people looking for a great place to raise a family.
In fact, the New York Times ranks Contra Costa County as the Best Place to Grow Up in the San Francisco Bay Area for kids.
Rolling hills, lush beautiful valleys, alluvial plains, and scenic views of Mount Diablo paint a picture of its central landscape giving it a serene California countryside feel.
Contra Costa County-Bay Area Condos For Sale
In Contra Costa County, there is no shortage of homes to choose from and finding homes with large lots is not a problem.
Single-family dwellings make up about 80% of this region’s available housing stock, followed by condos, townhouses, and vacant lots and land. Single-family homes and condos for less than $100,000 are available.
Close to major cities, Featured cities include:
- Lafayette – A lush and affluent community that boasts luxurious single-family homes and estates. As well as top ranking schools, open spaces, shops, restaurants, and more.
It also features a charming countryside complete with horse ranches, vineyards, and cattle ranches.
- Moraga – An affluent city with a rural feel, Moraga offers spacious luxury homes as well as affordable developments. The town features a golf and country club, various amenities, restaurants, shops, and entertainment centers.
- Orinda – An affluent community surrounded by lush natural beauty, Orinda features great shops, restaurants, and neighborhoods with a lot of character and charm. It’s also home to a golf and country club community.
- Concord –Features great suburbs and a recently redeveloped downtown area that teems with urban amenities, high-density apartments, and condominium projects.
It’s focal point is an incredible one-block farmers market at the heart of downtown that hosts free summer concerts and a lot of great restaurants.
- Walnut Creek – It’s known as the Jewel of the East Bay. Walnut Creek ranked 11th on Livability.com’s 100 Best Places to Live in the U.S. in 2016 and 10th in their 10 Best Foodie Cities of 2015.
It’s a beautiful city that combines small town comfort with big city conveniences with its vibrant downtown.
The diverse cities and landscapes of Contra Costa County offer much for visitors and residents to discover. Make sure to check out some of these places when you visit:
- Rosie the Riveter/World War II Home Front National Historical Park1414 Harbour Way S #3000, Richmond
- Waterworld California
1950 Waterworld Pkwy, Concord
- Contra Loma Regional Park
1200 Frederickson Ln, Antioch
Best cities to for food lovers include Walnut Creek, Brentwood, Lafayette, Concord, and more.
Parks and recreation areas:
- Briones Regional Park
2537 Reliez Valley Rd, Martinez
- Mount Diablo State Park
96 Mitchell Canyon Rd, Clayton
- Las Trampas Regional Wilderness
18012 Bollinger Canyon Rd San Ramon
- Point Isabel Regional Shoreline
2701 Isabel St, Richmond
Homes for Sale in Contra Costa County
Sorry we are experiencing system issues. Please try again.