Located in the center of the Bay Area, the consolidated City and County of San Francisco sits on the northern end of the San Francisco Peninsula in one most scenic and naturally diverse regions of the West Coast.
San Francisco is a fun vibrant metropolis at the heart of the Bay Area. Fueled by growth and diversity, it serves as the cultural, financial, and commercial centerpiece of North California.
It’s one of the most iconic cities in California. The Golden Gate Bridge alone is visited by over 2 million people a year. Some of its most famous sights landmarks include its eclectic mix of Victorian and modern architecture and its steep rolling hills.
Most of the city’s diverse neighborhoods have plenty of shops, and restaurants. Residents here enjoy the convenience of having everything they need close by, including farm fresh groceries.
In 2015, the city was ranked as the most livable city in the U.S. according to an international report by a global consulting agency named Mercer.
Close to San Mateo and Santa Clara County, commutes to major tech companies and startups in Silicon Valley often take less than an hour.
San Francisco Homes For Sale CA
Prospective buyers will be pleased to find a wide range of real estate types throughout all the city including single-family homes, condos and townhouse properties. As well as some vacant lots and land.
Recent mid- and high-rise condo community developments have added wide range of modern luxury and mid-range condominium to the city. Visit this link to view San Francisco Condos.
Featured neighborhoods include:
- Downtown – Located in the Financial District, Downtown is the focal point of San Francisco. Home to Union Square and some of the biggest names in retail.
- Russian Hill – A beautiful neighborhood defined by its rolling hills, diverse architecture, comfortable cafés, one-of-a-kind shops and scenic views of the Golden Gate Bridge.
- Pacific Heights – This affluent hilltop neighborhood is home to some of the most exclusive properties in San Francisco. Beautiful Victorian and Edwardian homes and mansions adorn it’s well-kept tree-lined streets.
- Rincon Hill – The city’s first vertical neighborhood. This is where most of the city’s newest and most luxurious high-rise condos and apartments are found. It’s ideally located near the Financial District, has scenic waterfront views, and teems with trendy shops and cafés
- Mission – A popular neighborhood known for its diversity and wide range of fantastic restaurants.
With a total land area 46.9 square miles, San Francisco may not be the biggest county in the Bay Area but it’s certainly the most exciting. The city features numerous iconic attractions and places to see and things to do. If you haven’t had the chance before, make sure to visit these sites first.
- The Golden Gate Bridge
-Best spots to view it include: Battery Spencer, Marin County
Hawk Hill, Marin County
Fort Point, San Francisco
- Alcatraz Island Tours
Pier 33, B201 Fort Mason, San Francisco
- Painted Ladies
Steiner St, San Francisco
- Fisherman’s Wharf
Fisherman’s Wharf, North Beach/Telegraph Hill
- Union Square
333 Post St, San Francisco
Grant Avenue and Stockton Street
- San Francisco Zoo
1 Zoo Rd, San Francisco
Neighborhoods with the best restaurants include:South of Market and the Mission District.
Parks and recreation areas:
- Alamo Square
Steiner St., Hayes St. San Francisco
- Golden Gate Park
501 Stanyan St, San Francisco
- San Francisco Maritime National Historical Park
499 Jefferson San Francisco
- Ocean Beach
Great Hwy San Francisco
- Baker beach
Gibson Rd San Francisco
Sorry we are experiencing system issues. Please try again.